Jurnal Komunikasi
Vol 10, No 2 (2018): Jurnal Komunikasi

Pengaruh Media Sosial Instagram dan WhatsApp Terhadap Pembentukan Budaya “Alone Together”


Saleh, Gunawan -, Pitriani, Ribka



Article Info

Publish Date
28 Dec 2018

Abstract

Social media is now highly favored by many and considered quite effective by the people of Indonesia. One example taken in this study is the social media Instagram and WhatsApp, as social media is considered to affect the forms of activity and its behavior. This study aims to investigate the influence of social media Instagram and WhatsApp against the cultural establishment "Alone Together" at the University of Riau by using the theory of SOR (Stimulus-Organism-Response) as its foundation. This study uses a quantitative research in which data was collected through questionnaires distributed to 100 respondents who are students at the University of Riau by category determined by accidental sampling, and analyzed by simple linear regression program helped IBM SPSS version 20.0. This study examined whether or not the influence of indicators of variable X (Social Media Instagram and WhatsApp) to variable Y (culture Alone Together). Technology to fill the void and satisfaction with technology. Based on the results obtained through the SPSS 20.0 correlation coefficient of 0.403, 0.403 value lies between the value of 0,40-0.599 that was meaningful relationships, meaning that there is the influence of social media Instagram and WhatsApp against the cultural establishment in Riau University Alone Together with the effect of 16.3%, while the remaining 83.7% is influenced by other variables.  Media sosial saat ini sangat digemari oleh berbagai kalangan dan dianggap cukup efektif oleh masyarakat Indonesia. Salah satu contoh yang diambil dalam penelitian ini adalah media sosial Instagram dan WhatsApp. Adapun media sosial ini dinilai dapat mempengaruhi bentuk aktifitas, dan perilaku penggunanya. Penelitian ini bertujuan untuk mengetahui pengaruh media sosial Instagram dan WhatsApp terhadap pembentukan budaya “Alone Together” di Universitas Riau dengan menggunakan teori S-O-R (Stimulus-Organisme-Response) sebagai landasannya. Penelitian ini menggunakan metode riset kuantitatif dimana data dikumpulkan melalui kuesioner yang disebarkan kepada 100 responden yang merupakan mahasiswa di Universitas Riau dengan kategori yang ditentukan berdasarkan accidental sampling, dan dianalisis melalui regresi linier sederhana dibantu program IBM SPSS versi 20.0. Penelitian ini menguji ada atau tidaknya pengaruh indikator dari variabel X (Media Sosial Instagram dan WhatsApp) terhadap variabel Y (budaya Alone Together). Teknologi untuk mengisi kekosongan dan kepuasan atas Teknologi. Berdasarkan hasil pencarian melalui SPSS 20.0 maka didapat nilai koefisien korelasi sebesar 0,403, nilai 0,403 terletak diantara nilai 0,40-0,599 yaitu bermakna memiliki hubungan yang sedang, artinya terdapat pengaruh antara media sosial Instagram dan WhatsApp terhadap pembentukan budaya Alone Together di Universitas Riau dengan pengaruh sebesar 16,3%, sedangkan sisanya sebesar 83,7% dipengaruhi oleh variabel lain.


Copyrights © 2018






Download : Full PDF (601.672 KB)
Original Source : https://journal.untar.ac.id/index.php/komunikasi/article/view/2673
Google Scholar : Check in googleschoolar

Journal Info

Abbrev

komunikasi

Publisher

Subject

Languange, Linguistic, Communication & Media

Description

Jurnal Komunikasi (P-ISSN: 2085-1979 and E-ISSN: 2528-2727) http://journal.untar.ac.id/index.php/komunikasi/index is a national journal published by Faculty of Communication Universitas Tarumanagara. Scientific articles published in Jurnal Komunikasi are result from research and scientific studies ...