Kho Hie Khwee, Kho
Tanjungpura University

Published : 2 Documents
Articles

Found 2 Documents
Search

Neural Network-Based Stabilizer for the Improvement of Power System Dynamic Performance Gianto, Rudy; Hie Khwee, Kho
TELKOMNIKA (Telecommunication Computing Electronics and Control) Vol 15, No 3: September 2017
Publisher : Universitas Ahmad Dahlan

Show Abstract | Download Original | Original Source | Check in Google Scholar | Full PDF (430.79 KB) | DOI: 10.12928/telkomnika.v15i3.3875

Abstract

This paper develops an adaptive control coordination scheme for power system stabilizers (PSSs) to improve the oscillation damping and dynamic performance of interconnected multimachine power system. The scheme was based on the use of a neural network which identifies online the optimal controller parameters. The inputs to the neural network include the active- and reactive- power of the synchronous generators which represent the power loading on the system, and elements of the reduced nodal impedance matrix for representing the power system configuration. The outputs of the neural network were the parameters of the PSSs which lead to optimal oscillation damping for the prevailing system configuration and operating condition. For a representative power system, the neural network has been trained and tested for a wide range of credible operating conditions and contingencies. Both eigenvalue calculations and time-domain simulations were used in the testing and verification of the performance of the neural network-based stabilizer.
Optimum Renewable Fraction for Grid-connected Photovoltaic in Office Building Energy Systems in Indonesia Hiendro, Ayong; Yusuf, Ismail; Pontia Wigyarianto, F. Trias; Hie Khwee, Kho; Junaidi, Junaidi
International Journal of Power Electronics and Drive Systems (IJPEDS) Vol 9, No 4: December 2018
Publisher : Institute of Advanced Engineering and Science

Show Abstract | Download Original | Original Source | Check in Google Scholar | Full PDF (71.575 KB) | DOI: 10.11591/ijpeds.v9.i4.pp1866-1874

Abstract

This paper analyzes influences of renewable fraction on grid-connected photovoltaic (PV) for office building energy systems. The fraction of renewable energy has important contributions on sizing the grid-connected PV systems and selling and buying electricity, and hence reducing net present cost (NPC) and carbon dioxide (CO2) emission. An optimum result with the lowest total NPC for serving an office building is achieved by employing the renewable fraction of 58%, in which 58% of electricity is supplied from the PV and the remaining 42% of electricity is purchased from the grid. The results have shown that the optimum grid-connected PV system with an appropriate renewable fraction value could greatly reduce the total NPC and CO2 emission.